Our mission is to develop respectful, responsible, and productive citizens.
We will be proactive and diligent to create a positive learning environment for all.
High School in the GRREC region (2022 KY Accountability)
KHSAA State Championships (Softball x3, Girls Soccer, Girls Cross Country)
Our Graduates are Awarded Approximately $5,000,000 in Scholarships Annually
Student Visits to Either a College Campus or Career Shadowing Opportunity
Languages Spoken by our Student Body
Dear Greenwood High School Parents,
1. Traffic Flow and Parking:
- Bus drop off and pick up will be in the back parking lot of the school.
- All student drivers will park in the front lot nearest Scottsville Road.
- All student drop off and pick up will be in the front of the building.
2. Multimedia Center (Cafeteria and Lunch):
- Expect temporary changes to lunch schedules and locations as service lines moved to the Hall of Champions and seating tables will be moved to the Green Gym. This will help ensure lunch choices for students, though the selection will be less from what is currently offered.
- Depending on lunch sizes and table options, the main gym bleachers may be used as overflow for our 325+ students in each lunch period.
- Breakfast will be served "grab and go" style, which is already familiar to our students.
- Our main priority is to create a comfortable experience that still allows students a choice for their meal. As we progress through next semester, we will certainly modify these plans if they are not providing a positive experience for our students.
- Construction within the classroom areas will be carefully managed to minimize disruptions to students and teachers. Rest assured, we are taking every measure to create a conducive learning environment during this period.
- The library will be moved to another location near the auditorium.
- 5-6 classrooms will be relocated and renovated at a time. These classrooms will be relocated to the current library which will be divided off into separate classrooms.
We understand that these changes may pose challenges, and we sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work towards enhancing the facilities at Greenwood High School. Our construction team will make every effort to ensure that the impact on daily school operations is minimal.
Regular updates will be provided through our school communication channels, including emails, newsletters, and the school website. If you have any specific concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the school office.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we invest in the future of Greenwood High School. We are confident that these improvements will contribute to a better learning environment for years to come.
Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a Happy New Year!
Greenwood High School Administration
The following events are upcoming at the SWAMP.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.